Friday, December 24, 2010

Holiday baking!

I love this time of year and I particularly enjoy cooking all the yummy meals and goodies.
This year I tackled a turkey! My first ever. I had to cook one last minute for our ward Christmas party because someone was unable to. So, it was the night before the party and I had a frozen turkey on my counter- I panicked a little. Luckily my mother in law came to the rescue and walked me through it- it turned out perfect!

The Turkey
I did the "turkey in a bag method"- way easy. I brushed it with butter, rubbed a mixture of rosemary, thyme, and salt n pepper, and laid it on a bed of onions and celery. I finished it off by sprinkling it with paprika for even browning. It was so yummy!

The Red Velvet Trifle
This is my latest creation. I kinda made it up as I went but its going to be so good.
Recipe:
1 Red Velvet Cake- I cheated and just did a box mix
Bake and cut cake into 3 layers

Middle layers:
1 box of Cheesecake pudding
2 c. milk
8 oz. cream cheese
1-2 c. whipped cream

Top layer:
8 oz. cream cheese
2-3 c. whipped cream
3/4 c. powdered sugar.

Top with fresh raspberries and white chocolate chips
(I also did this in the middle too)


1 comment:

MayerFamily said...

looks great Kell! VERY FANCY! haha!