Thursday, December 9, 2010

Little Gunner

I know it is kinda hard to see but.... you can make out baby's head (at the top) and side profile of the face with its' little body and the umbilical cord (on the bottom)! You can kinda even see the little face!

I had my first OB appointment this morning and I was very excited to finally hear the heartbeat. I am only 10 weeks and the doctor couldn't get the heartbeat on the doppler- sometimes they are just to little to pickup. I was pretty bummed. My doctor only does one ultrasound at 20 weeks- which is when you find out the sex and most insurance companies only pay for 1 ultrasound. Lucky for me- my husband happens to be a doctor. He knew I was bumming so he asked he attending (the doctor he reports to) if I could come down the the clinic that day and get an ultrasound since he was there anyway. His attending didn't mind a bit and I got to go right in and have Jimmy give the ultrasound. It was neat for it to just be Jimmy and I in the room looking at our tiny babe on the screen. We took a few pics and then I was on my way! It was just a relief to see the baby and to know that yep- there is really one in there!

3 comments:

MayerFamily said...

I can already tell this little gunner is cute :) Glad you get to see the baby and hear the heartbeat, there isn't anything like it! Are you feeling any better?

Melanie said...

I didn't know Jimmy got to do it! What an amazing opportunity and what a beautiful thing that it was just the two of you seeing your baby for the first time! What a blessing!

the conleys said...

this is SO exciting!!! I wish we lived closer... you're going to be the cutest prego girl ever. Hope you're feeling well!