Monday, February 8, 2010

A peek into the future...

This past weekend we babysat a family in our ward. The couple went on a much deserved weekend away and they asked Jimmy and I to watch their 5 children. We were glad we could help out. They have 5 very good, smart, and well behaved kids. However, never in my life did I appreciate mothers more than this weekend. I know kids are a lot of work-but when its 5 kids of various ages and schedules- I was suprised at how exhausted this experience made me! I fell into bed so tired each night. It was a constant around the clock job for 3 days. Starting at 7am to 10pm I - cooked, cleaned, played, washed, comforted, bathed, dressed etc. Jimmy was called into work for a good part of saturday and I was left by myself. We had a good laugh that even though we stayed in the same house- I felt like I didnt really see or talk to him all weekend. So we felt like we had a look into the future on what our life will be like with several kiddos running around! Overall- we had a good time with the kids-but I think they were glad when their parents came home:)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I am exhausted at the end of the day with 1. I can't imagine how it is with FIVE. Goodness! You guys did a great thing, though, watching the kids while the parents got to sneak away.