Monday, February 8, 2010

Jimmy and Haiti

So for the past few weeks, Jimmy's dad, Tom, has been wanting to travel to Haiti with a group of doctors to give much needed medical service. Tom, an anesthesiologist, got on board with a group traveling down in just a few weeks. He called Jimmy and told him there would be a spot on the plane for him if A- he got permission from me and B-he got clearance from NYMC. Well- after a few days and several discussions, Jimmy will be going to Haiti with his dad for 8 days. At first- I was really for him going- it will be a great experience and will be an important part in his medical training. He also knew it might be the only time he can go and practice medicine together with his father. But, when I started thinking about it more and more- the doubts and fears crept in and now I am going to admit I am a little weary about the safety and conditions for him in Haiti. Although I know he really wants to go and do this- I am going to be home biting my nails and hoping for their safe return home.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

We can hang out a lot while he's gone. Nathan told me he had gotten clearance to go and we are so happy for him! I'd jump on the next plane out if I could. He's going to help a lot of people down there. God bless him and the other doctors going down there!

Katie Miller said...

Hey Kelli! This is Katie Miller and I know that Jimmy gave Ryan your email address a few weeks ago, but we misplaced it. Can you email me your address to katiemiller02@gmail.com so I can invite you to our blog, too? Things look like they are going well for you guys! We look forward to hearing of Jimmy's safe return, and how it is in Haiti. Talk to you soon!

Matt and Autumn Stone said...

that's so neat that he'll be able to go...that means u better call me when he's gone b/c it's been tooooooo long! love u mucho!