Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Good and the Bad

The Good
These past few months Jimmy has been studying for his medical board exam- he has one week before his test and he is starting to feel the pressure. Last night Jimmy got GREAT news...Phoenix Baptist Hosptial offered him an interview for a residency program! He is also hoping for some anethesia interviews as well, but family medicine would be great too and we could move back home! Hopefully he will score a few more interviews in the next few weeks. He is so excited.

The Bad
We bought a Nissan Murano a few months ago and its been a great car. The oil change notification came on and I finally got around to taking it in. I just picked a Valvoline express oil change place near our house. I figured that it would be fine, an oil change is pretty routine right? WRONG! I got it changed and then drove home. A few hours later I hopped back in the car to pick up my friend for a movie. I got a little ways down the street and it starts sputtering and then stalls in the middle of the road with people honking and I start making traffic back up! I was so scared. I started the car again and barely got it moving and was able to pull it to the side of the road. I called Jimmy and since I wasnt far from our apartment he ran to meet me. He barely got the car going again and it limped home. I was so mad- I knew it couldnt be a coincidence that this happened right after my oil change. We called a mechanic that a friend suggested and he knew what had happened before even seeing our car. He drove over (his shop wasnt far) and reattached the air hose in about 2 minutes( the stupid guys at valvoline didnt reconnect it). It was such a relief it wasnt something major. Last time I get my oil changed there!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Hey, So i just found your blog...I nannied in New Rochelle last summer! Congrats on the interview that is exciting!