Thursday, March 18, 2010

IOWA or BUST!

Prior to the Match this week- where we find out where we could go for residency- I told my husband- "Honey- I will go anywhere we get a spot...hopefully it's just not Iowa or something" Well, guess what- we are moving to Des Moines Iowa! I am eating my words.


Truth be told- we are so grateful to have a spot in a wonderful Family Medicine program. It has great benefits, its a solid program, and from what Wikipedia says- its one of the top 5 places in the US to live and raise a family. We are so there!

5 comments:

ashley & joe martin said...

Thats only about 3 hours from me. We should get together one weekend. I would love to see you.

Katie Miller said...

Congrats to you guys! Match week is stressful ( not to mention all the weeks beforehand!) and now you guys can plan for some great times in Des Moines! I am happy for you guys!!

The Hardy's said...

Congrats! Doesn't Danny and Laura Wheeler live somewhere out there too? When is the big move?

Nick and Jen said...

Does this mean you aren't coming back to AZ yet?? Okay, I am a sad about that, but excited for the continuned adventures you two will have!

Erin said...

Congratulations! Even if it's just a few years until you go back to AZ I have been grateful to be on our own. I think it has made our family stronger to be on our own and have to depend on eachother, friends and of course Heavenly Father. Good luck! I'm sure you'll love it. Funny, I had never wanted to live in TX and then we moved here and we love it! Great place, great weather, and great place to raise a family too! Billy loves it so much he doesn't want to leave.